A Tom Dixon procura de Assessor de imprensa para o seu escritório em Londres.
Tom Dixon creates contemporary lighting, furniture and accessories. Alongside this core activity, Tom Dixon has an interior design team which has undertaken projects such as the members club, Shoreditch House and is presently designing a 350 bedroom hotel in central London. The company is well known in the industry and has a reputation for innovative lighting design with a specific focus on materials.
The company, Tom Dixon, was created in 2002 and has won awards for its products and has generated intense PR around the world. The products are distributed in 63 markets worldwide with offices and warehouses in London, New York and Hong Kong. Tom Dixon launches new collections once a year at the Milan fair and its accessories collection bi-annually at Maison et Objet.
Your principal role is to manage the day to day running of the global press office for Tom Dixon. Your role will work across Tom Dixon brand and accessories product and events, Tom Dixon shop, and our interior design practice, Design Research Studio. You are required to deliver a proactive global press strategy to support these entities of the business which operate across our 65 country market.
You will report to the brand director.
Press office (brand, accessories, DRS, dealer events TD shop and online):
- write and implement global annual PR strategy
- daily management of the press office – answering all press and image requests with a direct response or redirection to our press section, organising press loans
- establish relationships with key press in the industry, both in the UK and overseas
- responsible for and manage copywriting process across company, liaising with five company departments (design, product development, marketing, sales and operations)
- write, format and send out all global press releases
- manage press download area and press cuttings service
- coordinate with global PR companies representing DRS clients and partnership brands
- approve all global interview requests for Tom
- quote library – working on and updating quote library from Tom
- send out weekly press reports to the company
- weekly updates with USA, Hong Kong and French offices for specific territory targeted press to ensure growth in these regions
- compile annual PR evaluation and shortened version for the board
- press appointments – two to four press appointments per month hosted at Tart bakery to directly result in features for the brand planned at key times of the year
- managing Tom’s personal projects, commitments and his representation within the global media
- creation of presentations for Tom’s external events – including press, marketing or third party activity. Work closely with Tom on images required and final delivery of presentation
- work with our key customers to deliver marketing and publicity support through branded invites, press events, press materials and retail spaces
Exhibition and events:
- delivering pro-active preview press event, managing all publicity throughout event including photographers and videographers, entertaining journalists on-site, managing Tom’s time with the press
- secure press appointments with key press on stand
- support marketing team on delivery of event – liaising with exhibitor and partnering brands. Approving cross-marketing material and supporting sponsoring brands
- support sales team in manning reception desk and answering enquiries at each show
- manage annual press-specific events aimed directly at journalists and growing brand awareness through publicity. Each event requires sole management and coordination by the press officer – including budget management, executing slick delivery, guest list and RSVPs, hosting of live event and follow up press
The individual should have the following characteristics:
- highly energetic, efficient and able to think creatively and work within cost effective budgets
- have specific PR and event experience preferably in a design or luxury environment
- have excellent copyright skills
- have good knowledge and interest in if not direct experience of the contemporary design end of the lighting and furniture market
- be excited by varied challenges, have a positive outlook at all times, have the ability to juggle a series of different projectsbe comfortable dealing with a multi-cultural team/partners, have international experience and preferably speak at least one other European language
- Please apply to: email@example.com