PEOPLECONQUEST Human Resources is recruiting for one of the most luxurious cruise company:
Position Title: Sommelier
• In charge of effectively manage the wine program and beverage sales and service in the Dining Room, Veranda Café/ Outdoor Café, Deck Barbecue and Room Service. Overall responsible for the wine cellar operation.
• Responsible for ensuring that the wine and beverage sales forecasted for the restaurants on the ship are met.
• Ensures the daily wine flash report about the complementary wines/champagne is updated, posted and discussed
• Strives to meet the target cost of sales for the dining rooms as determined by the company budgets.
• Ensures that all beverage stocks in the wine stand are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and guidelines.
• Maintains and updates the Wine List to reflect the products and vintages that are in stores and in the wine stand, within the guidelines established by our Corporate Office.
• Ensures that there is proper feedback being communicated to the Public Room Manager/Maitre D’ and Hotel Manager as to guest comments on the scope and content of the wine list and developing trends in wine consumption.
• Responsible for the training and education of all those involved in sales and service of wine products on board. Ensures that the bartenders and/or bar waiters assigned to the Dining Room and Veranda Café/Outdoor Café are down selling the complimentary program and up-selling the wine list/program by enforcing the wine menu presentation Standard Operating Procedure.
• Responsible for the Wine Seminars being given once cruise.
• Responsible for maintaining the lunch and dinner wine recommendations and the after dinner drink page of the dessert menu in accordance with the parameters established in the Fleet Wine Program. Ensures that the recommendations are properly spelled in the daily menus.
• Responsible for maintaining the service and cycle of complimentary wines in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures that the beverages being used for hosting purposes in the restaurants are in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
• Liaises with the Provision Master in order to determine what labels from the hosting selection need to be used in order to maintain stocks on hand within the goals set by the company.
• Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of wine displays on board.
• Ensures with the assistance of the Public Room Manager/Maitre D’ that the daily dinner wine recommendations that are being shown on the TV channels and are featured in the daily menus are correct and proper.
• Responsible for maintaining and executing all the special beverage promotions designed to increase beverage sales in the dining rooms.
• Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of glassware and other wine related equipment being used in the restaurants to include but not be limited to: wine list covers, ice buckets, decanting equipment, specialty glassware, bar equipment, check covers and wine tasters.
• Ensures special wine requests are getting communicated into the Guests Preferences Database.
• Ensures that gift orders for the dining room are properly handled and delivered to the guests that are entitled to them.
• Responsible for the assignment of working stations, daily flow of service and guest satisfaction with wine service during each meal period.
• `Responsible for maintaining a log and/or system that allows our guests to pre-order wines and to keep them from one day to the other.
• Ensures that proper stock takes are being held on a cruise basis; guarantees that all beverages sold or used in the dining rooms are being accounted for as required by company policies; requisitions products from stores as needed and in accordance to the beverage controls that are in place.
• Ensures with the help of the Public Room Manager/Maitre D’ that pricing updates and changes, as communicated by the Corporate Office.
• Ensures, in his/her area of responsibility that the serving measures (Jiggers) for the different beverage products are being observed and abide by according to standard operating procedure and the standard drink recipes.
• Ensures that all pertinent ISM US-UKPH and Fleet Regulations standards are being upheld in his area of responsibility.
• Maintains and updates sales records and reports as required by company policy.
• Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
• High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
• Sommelier diploma or certificate or equivalent diploma from a recognized Wine School.
• Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses, seminars, tasting and records of visits to wineries and wine growing regions.
• Thorough practical knowledge of classical wine and beverage service.
• Knowledge of public health and sanitation regulations and procedures.
• To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company’s Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a minimum of 80% pass.
• Two years of working experience as a sommelier in a fast pace 4 or 5 star environment with an international clientele.
• One year of working experience as a supervisor in a dining room environment.
• Working knowledge of wine lists that cover all the regions represented in our wine program to include but not be limited to: Australia, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, South Africa, Spain and the U.S.A.
• Strong command of the English language combined with good verbal and written skills.
• Ability to describe wine and beverage products in a way that is convincing, pleasant and attractive.
• Ability to up-sell.
• Ability to identify and close on opportunities to increase sales.
• Ability to speak in public in order to conduct seminars and training sessions.
• Ability to organize and supervise wine and beverage sales in one or multiple dining rooms.
• Ability to pair wines with food.
• Ability to carry out promotions and other special events as determined by the company.
• PC knowledge of: Word Perfect and Excel.
• Fluent in interpreting and implementing companies and work rules.
• Ability to organize and complete work in accordance with deadlines.
Send to our company your cv with 2 professional references for firstname.lastname@example.org with Ref. Sommelier – 6* Cruise Company01/01/1970