A Cdrecruitment está a recrutar um Linux Systems Administrator para um projecto em Newbury, Reino Unido.
CV’s em inglês por favor para firstname.lastname@example.org
Local: Newbury, Reino Unido
Salario: Ate £45,000 dependente de experiencia (permanente)
This position is to support of the Corporate and Production IT infrastructures along with all their users, including but not limited to: all servers, desktop computers, internal phone system, network configurations, printers and all other IT infrastructure. Support includes specification, installation, testing and fault resolution within established procedures, and development of new procedures where required. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the following activities:
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Engineering of corporate and production system solutions for various project and operational needs.
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, maintain system standards.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide support per request from departments/users. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports the client’s infrastructure applications in line with project or operational needs.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain system efficiency.
• Test and rollout upgrades and patches to production environments.
• Use, manage and develop all change management, asset management and trouble ticket systems.
• Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
• Maintain network and system security.
• Development, testing and documentation of new processes and procedures to handle new hardware and software configurations.
• To act as a single point of contact for vendors and/or hosted service providers.
• Time to time, out of hours support of the senior management team whilst they are travelling overseas.
The right candidate will be able to work with little supervision and requires initiative, attention to detail, self motivation and good judgement.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• A minimum of five (5) year’s experience administering Linux systems.
• Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise Linux distributions from Red Hat or equivalent (eg: Centos, Whitebox, Scientific).
• A strong understanding of network setup, layers, routing, configuration and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables etc)
• Sound scripting and language skills, such as bash, Python, Perl etc.
• Configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP.
• Experience with upgrading/provisioning Linux servers, IP Networking, and software deployments.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP routing and Local Area Networks.
• Experience of Trouble ticket and Change Management systems and processes.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations.
• Ability to manage time and workload efficiently, including planning, organizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports, paying close attention to details.
• Strong trouble shooting abilities.
• A motivated self-starter with a “start-up style” delivery ethos.